Policy for the collection and use of your personal information
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
- In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
2. Data Collected
- Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 gender;
- 2.3 job title;
- 2.4 profession;
- 2.5 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.6 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.7 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.8 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.9 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.10 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.11 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.12 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by SSDM for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to five years.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
- SSDM may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that SSDM requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 SSDM may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
- 6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 6.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 6.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- 8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
- 9.1 Data security is of great importance to SSDM and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
- 9.2 Specifically we utilise the following systems:
- 9.2.1 Hardware layer and software layer firewalls;
- 9.2.2 Dedicated servers available only to SSDM;
- 9.2.3 Servers located in a heavily secure access-restricted datacentres;
- 9.2.4 Web Application layer filters to protect against SQL and URL injection attacks;
- 9.2.5 At least 128 bit Secure Certificate (HTTPS) using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for all data transmission on our ordering and reporting systems;
- 9.2.6 Use of reputable 3rd party suppliers for financial transactions (eg: PayPal);
- 9.2.7 We never store any financial data (eg: credit card details) at any stage in any format;
- 9.2.8 Strong passwords and encryption for use in web-based applications holding non-financial data.
- 9.2.9 Detailed logging of staff / users who have access to client data and what is done with that data.
- 10.1 SSDM may set and access first-party Cookies on your computer. Cookies that may be placed on your computer are detailed in Schedule 1 to this Policy. These Cookies are integral to the services provided by the Web Site to you.
- 10.3 You may delete Cookies, however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly.
- 10.4 Some of the Cookies used by our site are essential to the functionality and delivery of the service. These include those used to access and use the Customer Online Ordering or Reporting Systems.
- 10.5 None of the Cookies we use hold sensitive or personal data.
11. Changes to this Policy
|Name of Cookie||Purpose||Domain||Cookie Type
|__utma||Google Analytics – Visit tracking||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Persistent|
|__utmb||Google Analytics – Entry timestamp||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Persistent|
|__utmc||Google Analytics – Exit timestamp||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Session|
|__utmv||Google Analytics – Visitor segmentation||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Persistent|
|__utmz||Google Analytics – Referral & campaign tracking||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Persistent|
AddtoAny – bookmarking & page sharing function usage tracking
|Content Management System – Allows us to quickly respond to your needs and provide the most up-to-date information
|SSDM Online Ordering System – Essential for storing your product order information for checkout||ssl.ssdm.co.uk||Session|
||Stores cookie consent to content sharing functionality cookies
||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains
|Stores cookie consent to Google Analytics tracking cookies||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Persistent
||Stores consent to essential session id cookie for CMS
||ssdm.co.uk & subdomains||Persistent